Sunday, 24 June 2012

An active weekend

Well this is my second post, and the last couple of days have been interesting. On Friday, the last exams were had, so everyone came round my house for a piss up to celebrate, which was great fun. Eventually the neighbours noticed so I had to lock the doors so the drunks couldn't escape onto the streets and cause havoc, I mean my friends are great, but pissed they can be a nightmare. The next day after 3 hours sleep and tiding the house, I then went out with my mates to help out at the village fair. We help set up then the others left as they had their lives to get back to, so I went into photography mode and started working down at the fair. A word of advise, after consuming copious amounts of alcohol don't then go zorbing, which is basically getting thrown around in a rubber ball as shown below, as it doesn't leave an easy stomach.
After helping push people around and taking some pictures, my scout leader, who manipulates me far to easily, then suggested I should help in the duck race, which is where we float a load of plastic ducks down the river and use the numbers on them as a raffle. From this, he then convinced me that since I was already wet, I should take part in the barrel race, where you have to carry a beer barrel up river and back again, I was not pleased.
Above is us pulling the barrel up the weir, that was hard work I can tell you. Then with only time for a burger, I then helped take down various tents and equipment to pack up the fair. From this I collapsed and didn't move until today where I had a nice family barbecue and a generally lazy day to recover. 

No comments:

Post a Comment