Scouting has been part of my life of so long now I can hardly believe it. 12 years I have been a member of scouts, going from beavers, cubs, scouts and now to explorers, I have been in scouts longer than in any school. This weekend I was just at a scout camp, it wasn't for me but rather a camp for the current cubs and beavers, I was there doing archery, cook and just helping out generally. And I really enjoyed it, even being woken up at ridiculous hours by the little ones and getting very little sleep, I had my friend Liam there, a fellow explorer who has been a scout for as long as I have, and the leaders, who have gone from being my leaders to becoming my friends. Every time I come home from camp I have this glow of just happiness, from spending time with friends, working together, playing games and sitting around a camp fire just being together. I really do love being a member of scouts as it has expanded me as a person, form learning how to camp, tie knots and how to sail, to getting on with a wide variety of people and making some friends who I will value for life and I encourage everyone to be part of the scouting organisation as whether your young or old, you can gain something out of it.
However as my life takes me onto new things, I feel said that I won't be able to be part of my fantastic scout group as being over 200 miles away will make it a bit difficult, and I envy the ones I was helping out on camp as they were screaming and laughing at 3 in the morning, of there journey that is before them. I remember spending so many hours on camp, climbing, abseiling, playing field games, learning to gamble, helping others who were less confident at camping, making out, staying awake for ages just chatting and trying not to get caught by the leaders. And doing other stuff like going to Disney land and the old mini bus which had a whole in the floor and that on steep hills you sometimes had to get out and push, ah good times.
No comments:
Post a Comment